What you WANT VERSUS what you really NEED are 2 different things! Go with me here…
Let me get honest with you. There are certain things that I really want in my life.
This is what I WANT…
In my singing I want to perform at an elite level, always! And get lots of great gigs.
In my career I want to have great clients, success and be paid rightfully for my expertise and efforts.
In my personal life I want to have great relationships and be treated kindly and respectfully.
I want to be able to speak up and show up for myself, in an honest way when it matters most.
Does this sound familiar? Ring true for you too?
But what I need to do in order to achieve this, is not try or work harder. Or simply get louder.
This is what I actually NEED…
I need to face what stops me – on the inside. Most of which is hard to see or change on my own.
– I need to stop being a perfectionist! It’s crippling and unachievable.
It sometimes stops me from performing at all. Makes it all too hard, I don’t think my show is ready or perfect, or I’m not good enough yet.
Or I can get in my head about ‘singing well’ and this causes me to tense up, lose flow of my instrument and emotionally disconnect from myself and my audience.
– I need to dissolve my deep, inner self-limiting beliefs that say; ‘I’m not worth $$$$$, I’ll just charge $$’. Maybe I’ll charge less for my gigs because on a deeper level I don’t believe in my own value and what I have to offer.
Or maybe I feel an innate pull to constantly offer my services at a reduced rate to ‘help out others’.
Is this you?
– And I need to have the courage and confidence to say what I feel, and ask for what I want, even when I’m afraid of a confrontation or the outcome.
I don’t like creating conflict. I like to be liked.
I prefer to maintain peace at all costs, but this can rob me of my power and happiness. As I’m not speaking my truth.
All noble things, but not helpful when they rule your life.
Maybe you have your own ‘stuff’ to deal with?
– You want to shine on stage, but you’re blocked
– You want to be confident in meetings but you’re not
– You want to ask for a pay rise, but you don’t believe what you’re truly worth
– You want to express your hidden gifts and talents, but something inside stops you
It shouldn’t be so hard. You deserve to be seen and heard.
In my Awaken Your Voice FREE EBOOK I talk about the biggest stress that people experience;
Research shows the biggest stress of human beings are emotional ones. But the biggest stress of all is: TRYING TO BE WHO YOU’RE NOT!
SO HERE’S AN EXERCISE FOR YOU….
1. WRITE A LIST OF ALL THE THINGS YOU REALLY WANT
2. WRITE A LIST OF ALL THE THINGS YOU REALLY NEED
Just by recognising what you really want is the first important step.
The goal of this exercise is to ‘hook you up’ with who you really are and what you really want!
Your desire is everything! Get honest with yourself.
When you are in alignment with this, you are more powerful than millions who are not!
Struggling to list your needs?
Then leave your needs to me. I can help you pin point exactly what they are.
Book a free call at awakenyourvoice.net.au